NetBeans is an integrated development environment for Java. NetBeans allows applications to be developed from a set of modular software components called modules.
Getting started with Programming using IDE
- Introduction, Rapid Application Development using IDE (Integrated Development Environment) such as Netbeans
- Familiarization of IDE using basic Interface components- Label, Text Field,
Text Area, Button, Checkbox, Radio Button.
- Developing General Application – Getting Familiar with Java
- Swing User Interface components-Frame, Dialog, OptionPane, Panel, ScrollPane, Label,
TextField, PasswordField, TextArea, Button, CheckBox, RadioButton, ComboBox, List
- Basic component handling methods and properties: setText(), getText(), isSelected(), setSelected()
- Data Types: Concept of data types; Built-in data types – byte, short, int, long, float, double,
char, string, boolean
- Variables: Need to use variable, declaring variables, variable naming convention, assigning
value to variables;
- Integer object method: parseInt
- Double object method: parseDouble, parseFloat
- Decision Structure – if, if-else, switch;
- Looping Structure- while, do . . while, for;
- Basic concept of Class, Object, Inheritance and
- Polymorphism Commonly used libraries: Ø String class and methods: toString(), concat(), length(), toLowerCase(), toUpperCase(), trim(), subString() Ø Math class methods: pow(), round()
- Accessing MySQL database using JDBC to connect with database.
1. To display a message using Label, TextBox, MessageDialog using simple GUI applications
2. To concatenate two text entries and display using simple GUI application
3. To perform a simple arithmetic operation (+,-,*,/) and display the result in MessageDialog or TextBox using simple GUI application
4. To perform simple arithmetic operation (+,-,*,/) and display the result in TextBox using simple GUI application
5. To make simple decision making (if statement) solution and display relevant message using GUI
application (Example – Problems related to Eligibility for a given value of Age, “Profit” or “Loss”
messages for given values of Cost Price and Sale Price, Grade Display for given values of Marks of students etc.)
6. To create a simple GUI application to perform both arithmetic and logical operation together (Example – Total, Average and Grade calculation for given marks, Salary Calculation on different criteria)
7. To create a simple GUI application to perform an operation based on the criteria input by the user in a CheckBox or a RadioButton to Find the Discount of an item on the basis of Category of item [ElectricalAppliance/Electronic Gadget/Stationary specified using a Radio button] and its Cost [Below 1000/Above 1000/Equal to 1000 specified using a Radio button].
(Example 2: Calculate the incentive of a Sales Person on the basis of his Sales Amount, Customer Feedback, Count of Customer specified using CheckBox)
8. To create a simple GUI application to change the property of a swing element based on the selection made by the user
(Example 1: To change the background or Foreground color of any of the Swing elements of the form based on the color selected from a list)
(Example 2: To change the foreground and background color of a label based on the values
input/stored in a combo box)
9. To create a simple GUI application for repeatedly doing a task based on the user
input. (Example: To display the multiplication table of a number input by the user)
10. To store the data (Admission No., Name, Date of Birth, Class and Section) of 10 students in a
table and find total number of students in each class and section.